2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 3:09 PM by LokiR

Anyone else being prompted to login to the SolarWinds Knowledge Base???

sotherls

I just did a Google search on an issue we are having with our Orion and a link sent me to SolarWinds Knowledge Base which wants me to log into it to read a KB.

Is this a new feature or bug?

BTW -  I tried to login but it didn't like my credentials.

Stumped....

• Re: Anyone else being prompted to login to the SolarWinds Knowledge Base???
          kkpenney

I took the same steps and googled your question "I am receiving errors in the Orion Web Console", and there is a piece of content that returns as being in the SolarWinds KB, but it also appears to have been removed, which is then leading to this error message and a strange option to login.

I will submit this error screen for review by our team here at SolarWinds, so that we can ensure we aren't offering up a login to something that does not require it - the net is that I believe this error screen to be an error itself.

In the meantime, I would suggest searching directly in the KnowledgeBase for the issue you are having as an alternate step, including searching on the specific error message: http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/

Regards,

Karla Penney

PM - Customer Portal

• Re: Anyone else being prompted to login to the SolarWinds Knowledge Base???
            LokiR

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

People are prompted to log on to the KB system when an article is either not visible or not in the system yet.

In this case the article was accidentally moved to a queue that is not visible to most people.  We've corrected the issue now, and the link should work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful