This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Run BASH script on WPM Transaction Failure

Good Evening Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to run a BASH script if a WPM transaction monitor is in a down state for 20 minutes.

I am most of the way there.  Built an alert, narrowed it down to the specific transaction monitor, told it to escalate after 20 minutes.  Now I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to actually execute/send the BASH script.  I have read where SolarWinds uses SSH to connect in and pull data from Linux servers via SAM for things like the Real Time Process Explorer.  I'd really like to leverage that ability to run this BASH script, but I can't figure out how.

I know I could use Plink, but I'd rather keep everything native to SolarWinds if possible, especially since it can already do this!

I also tried Script Monitoring, but I'm performing an action based on what happens in WPM.  This is an Adobe CQ5 instance so when the site gets hung, the service is still running, just the site doesn't load.  And, it isn't as easy as restarting Apache, you have to restart the CQ stuff.

Anyone know how to tap into the same voo doo APM uses to connect and send commands over SSH?  I couldn't find anything on it.  Hopefully it is just a result of my sub-par searching skills emoticons_wink.png

Thanks in advance!