9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 9:27 AM by john.house

FAQs and Surveys

john.house

When a client clicks on the FAQ link within a note in a ticket nothing happens. This also happens when they click the link within the email response they get after a new note has been saved. Surveys are doing the same thing.  When I try to test it on my computer it works fine...opens up a new window with the correct webpage.  Now if I try and do it on my iPhone it doesn't  work. Says can not contact server. Is this a computer issue or some setting within WHD?  I am thinking computer but want to run it by here and see if anyone has any insight.

• Re: FAQs and Surveys
          john.house

More to the story...It appears that the URL for the FAQ is using the server name plus port.  How do you change that?  If I replace that with the correct starting URL the link works fine.  Below are the two links:

http://CHCAHelpDesk:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/view?faqId=6

Web Help Desk

it@cristoreybalt.org

If you started out using 8081 as your port and you changed to 80 or 443, I think there's a SQL script you can get from support to update your database entries.

john.house

Yes that would be the case I assume. 

clearcircuit

john.house

Please use this script to update the HOST_PORT from your WHD database:

UPDATE PREFERENCE SET HOST_PORT=80;

In addition, also make sure that the Server DNS Name is properly configured in the following location:

Setup > General > Options > Server DNS Name

Hope this helps.

john.house

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I can not seem to connect to the Database t run that script.  Just another issue .  I did find that the Server DNS Name was wrong so I changed that.  It did change the link for the FAQ but added :8081 so it still will not work.  I am not sure why I can not connect to the database ( I never set it up the connection when I installed WHD in the beginning).  Is there a way to reset the UN and PW for the database? Not sure if that is even the issue.

doughall2015

The DB details should be in whd.db.host=stv-sql-021 c:\INSTALLDIRECTORY\conf\.whd.properties

If you’re using PostgreSQL, then try this, running it from the server.

http://www.sqlmaestro.com/products/postgresql/maestro/

Mine looks like this, albeit MSSQL

#Web Help Desk configuration file

#Wed Jun 10 10:11:28 BST 2015

whd.db.port=1433

whd.db.sid=

whd.db.subprotocol=microsoft

whd.db.customUrl=

whd.db.password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

whd.db.host=stv-sql-021

whd.db.useCustomUrl=NO

whd.db.name=WebHelpDesk

whd.db.username=WebHelpDesk

whd.db.embedded=NO

<https://mydonate.bt.com/events/hazlewoods>     <http://www.hazlewoods.co.uk>

Hazlewoods is a member of   international. A world-wide network of independent accounting firms and business advisors.

Be accountable to the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Hazlewoods LLP and Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP are both registered in England and Wales with Nos OC311817 and OC300764 respectively, and have their registered offices at Staverton Court Staverton Cheltenham Glos GL51 0UX, where listings of Members’ names are available for inspection. Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Hazlewoods LLP is registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

Website: http://www.hazlewoods.co.uk<http://www.hazlewoods.co.uk/>

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please advise the sender and delete all record of it from your system; please be aware that distribution, use or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for the content of this e-mail, or the actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently agreed in writing.

We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free, however, we cannot accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by us and recommend that you carry out your own virus checking procedures.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              conners

If you are running 12.2 / 12.3 get updated to 12.3.0 hotfix 3 as that has resolved issues with the FAQ links

john.house

Thank you all for the help.  I was able to run the scrip and update the host_port to 80 which fixed my issue . I have plans to upgrade to 12.3 when time permits but for now everything is working.  Thanks again and happy Sysadmin Day