4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 8:51 AM by nbowles@attitash.com

LDAP Search for CC Field

nbowles@attitash.com

I'm using WHD and would like to be able to look up clients in the CC portion for emails.  Is there anyway to do this?

• Re: LDAP Search for CC Field
          clearcircuit

There is actually a setting to "Allow User Lookup" in the following location:

Setup > Tickets > Options > Allow User Lookup

This specifies whether the CC field enabled by the above pref will dynamically look up users within the Web Help Desk to suggest addresses while the user types.

Note that this will expose email addresses to clients. Leave disabled if client email addresses should be kept secret.

This will ONLY see the Clients that has already been added to WHD.

nbowles@attitash.com

The clients I have are internal so it is not an issue to share email addresses.  However, I do have the checks for both

Setup > Tickets > Options > Clients Can CC: Email

Setup > Tickets > Options > Allow User Lookup

When logged in as a client I select a ticket to edit and then check the box for enable next to the CC field and then try and look users up.  There are no suggestions at all.  I am using AD to authenticate my users and when selecting clients to assign a ticket to the look up works. 

clearcircuit

What version of WHD do you have? I believe there was a known issue with an older version of WHD before.

Have you also tried a different browser or perhaps clearing the browser's cache files?

nbowles@attitash.com

It's a new install.  I'm running 12.3.0 - Build #12.3.0.471  I've tried in both IE 11 Version 11.0.9600.17843 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.134m.  I've cleared the cache in both, but still have the same results.  I've noticed that with Chrome when I get system messages I can't close them because the 'X' doesn't display properly, but that's a separate issue and it works fine in IE.  We're getting ready to go live with the system soon, like tomorrow, but I was hoping to find some resolution to this before hand.  It's not a show stopper, but would be a nice bonus for users and techs.