This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Avaya 4850GTS Device Template

Hello,

I need to create a device template for an Avaya 4850GTS switch. I've found a similar template that works for similar switches. The only difference is that for the 4850GTS switches, the Enter key is needed to be sent between entering the password and going into enable mode. Can anyone suggest how I'd add that to the below template?

<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->

<!--Copyright 2007 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->

<Configuration-Management Device="Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch 5650TD" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.45.3.74.4">

<Commands>

<Command Name="RESET" Value="terminal length 0"/>

<Command Name="Reboot" Value="reload"/>

<Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal"/>

<Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end"/>

<Command Name="Autotopology nmm" Value="autotopology nmm"/>

<Command Name="Running" Value="running-config"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="show ${ConfigType}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol} address ${StorageAddress} filename ${StorageFilename}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol} ${ConfigType} address ${StorageAddress} filename ${StorageFilename}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="EraseConfig" Value=""/>

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="write memory"/>

<Command Name="Version" Value="show sys-info"/>

<Command Name="PreCommand" Value="${CTRL+Y}"/>

<Command Name="VirtualPrompt" Value="Main Menu"/>

<Command Name="EnterCLI" Value="c" Delay="300" RegEx=""/>

<Command Name="Menubased" Value="true"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

• Hello,

I have same problem in this case

Ethernet Routing Switch 4850GTS-PW​R+ HW:16 FW:5.8.0.1 SW:v5.9.0.0​04 BN:04 (c) Avaya Networks

Capture.PNG

anybody know how to fix the template?

thank you,

• Hello,

I realize I may be a little late on the reply but for others and future searches....

Back in the BBS days I used to have to use "CTRL-M" as a replacement for "Enter"...  I recall also something to do with terminal controlling a modem that way...

You might try that, since we can easily enough use such key combos.  I see you already have "CTRL-Y" in there.

[EDIT] In other threads on Thwack, I've discovered that the letters "CR" without the quotes are intended to be used for this as well. [/EDIT]

[EDIT2] I see also, you have "${CRLF}" ending several lines of that script.  I think that just might do it.[/EDIT2]

GL, HIH.