3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 2:15 PM by riv_se

CAS Authentication - Routing to CAS Login Screen

riv_se

So I am thinking that I missed something completely during this setup of CAS, following the directions in the help file along with this KB: http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/5568/Web+Help+Desk+Authentication+with+CAS2.0 What I end up with is Web Help Desk screen indicating that it is logging me in, then, it routes me to the JASIG Central Authentication Service "Enter your Username and Password" screen. I thought the whole purpose of this feature was to eliminate any input by the end-user when it comes to logging in. Why is it I have to enter the username and password here and then get routed back to the ticket submission screen. What did I miss here because I don't think this is the intended result?

• Re: CAS Authentication - Routing to CAS Login Screen
          conners

If they are not already logged into the CAS system they will still need to authenticate against it first.

winuxguy

CAS will need to be configured to allow authentication to your AD/LDAP and it will still ask for a login but will SSO you to WHD once you have successfully logged in. The way CAS works is that you can use it for a single sign-on for various applications wherein you will have a single/common login screen for all of them and if you are already logged in to CAS, the other application that reference it will no longer ask you to login instead it will use the AUTH cookies stored in your browser during an active session.

I would suggest going the route of setting up an ADFS and use that for WHD SSO. ADFS can also be used by other applications you may have in your network that runs off IIS or .NET plus, it's pretty easy to manage if you are so used to Windows Systems.

riv_se

Thank's for the explanation of the process behind CAS, it helps to understand that flow back to WHD. I gathered bits and pieces of that information from online material, but the concept wasn't fully there. I have started my work on the ADFS method as of last week, ready for testing by tomorrow. As you mentioned, familiarity will be there given the integration and background with Microsoft Technologies.