5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 11:26 AM by alexslv

CPU/Memory/Disk Load Report

ltetruashvili@trendmls.com

CPU/Memory/Disk Load Report all 3 in one?

• Re: CPU/Memory/Disk Load Report
          alexslv

What you are trying to achieve? How this report will help you to be better off?

I am trying to get an inventory report  for all of mine VMware and Phisical windows environment with information about CPU/MEM/Disk. In single report.

alexslv

What information you would like to see on CPU/MEM/Disk? Current usage?

Think about table (like excel spreadsheet). What column will you have there? If you want to stick all the above into one report with one set of columns, then some of those columns will not be applicable for all records, such as [disk space usage] for example has nothing to do with CPU

You can use web-based report builder and add additional sections in the report to report on different things. These will be separate tables and you will have them in one report if this is convenient

Ask yourself main question: How will it (this report I mean) help me to do my job quicker/easier?

I need this report to audit and inventory how much cpu\mem\hd each server physical servers have and virtual server allocated so I can manually add information about each server like what is this server for.

1: Server Name

2: Phisical/Virtual

3: CPU (if virtual how much is allocated)

4: Memory (if virtual how much is allocated)

5: HD (if virtual how much is allocated)

6: Notes Manual input for server purpose of the server like test,production etc...

alexslv

You can easily build reports to report on CPU capacity, Memory Capacity, Hard Disks Capacity, etc by using web-based report wizard. When you build your table - select information form the "Asset Inventory" section.

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately I cannot see ways to build one table with all this info in it - for example how do you report on 5 Hard Disks and 3 CPUs for the same server in the same table? These are different entities with different properties, which all belong to one specific server (one-to-many relationship). Grouping works best in this case and for grouping you need common elements. Luckily web-based reporting allow you to group and sort rows easily, but it will not allow you to do this for multiple Assets Inventory objects

You best bet is to create few tables in report which will report on different things.

Alternatively... SQL script would do the job. It maybe fairy straightforward with few JOINTs, it can be quite complicated... I don't know, but it needs some time to be designed and tested. And... I still not sure if one can do so in one table for all those things above.

So, to answer you original questions, I would say: No