This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Migrate from embedded Postgre DB to MSSQL

Greetings,

We are running WHD version 12.3.0 and installed using the embedded Postgre database.  Now that we've been using WHD for a while, we are realizing the reporting limitations.  I'd like to migrate to a MSSQL databse to take advantage of third party tools.  I've found some older threads that say this is a pretty complicated project.  Has anyone done this in 12?  Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Eric

• I would love to do this also.  If I had to do it over again I'd go straight to SQL.

• Weirdly, it’d probably be easier to migrate to MySQL, and THEN MSSQL

<mydonate.bt.com/.../hazlewoods> <www.hazlewoods.co.uk>

Hazlewoods is a member of international. A world-wide network of independent accounting firms and business advisors.

Be accountable to the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Hazlewoods LLP and Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP are both registered in England and Wales with Nos OC311817 and OC300764 respectively, and have their registered offices at Staverton Court Staverton Cheltenham Glos GL51 0UX, where listings of Members’ names are available for inspection. Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Hazlewoods LLP is registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please advise the sender and delete all record of it from your system; please be aware that distribution, use or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for the content of this e-mail, or the actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently agreed in writing.

We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free, however, we cannot accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by us and recommend that you carry out your own virus checking procedures.

attachments.zip