6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 4:33 AM by vipin mohanan

SRM integration

mronkko

I have a fully licensed SRM Profiler installation. I installed the SRM module for Orion which is now running on eval license. Neither system has internet access so all activations have to be done manually. I understood from the documentation that I should be now able to just enable the integration and the Orion SRM module would just pick up the license from the Profiler. Is this correct?

The reason why I am asking is because when I try to enable integration, I get an error message that says it's unable to connect to the Storage Profiler and I was trying to figure out if this is a licensing issue or something else.

• Re: SRM integration
          ludek.frey

Which version of SRM Profiler do you have? You have to have version 6.0 or newer to be able to integrate it with SRM Orion.

If you have it and these servers have visibility to each other, there should be no issue integrating them (in your case it looks like connectivity issue, please see SolarWinds Online Help for more details).

After these are integrated, they will share SRM Profiler license, devices that are monitored in both modules will be counted to licence just once.

mronkko

Thanks Ludek. We're running 6.1 on the Profiler.

On the communication port issue... is the port configurable in Profiler? I'm trying to find a way to verify that it is actually set for that. I tried to telnet to that port and I couldn't get a response so that makes me suspicious of the configuration.

Lubomir Krausko

Hi ,

what port do you mean? 8443 or 17777?

mronkko

When I go to the integration settings in Orion, by default it tries port 8443. I tried to connect on that port with no luck, and I tried telnetting to it from both the Orion server and from the Profiler unsuccessfully. Which makes me suspect it's a communication issue of some sorts, and I was wondering if this port is set in some config file that I can look at and verify what it's set to.

Lubomir Krausko

I see, well yes. The port is configured (or should be) in the server config file (probably server.xml, not sure) on the SRM Profiler machine (STM). You can take a look and verify the port number (by default it is 8443). Also it has to be then mentioned as exception for your firewalls in the path between the servers you'd like to integrate together. The same for the other port 17777.

vipin mohanan

Hi, this is possible from SRM profiler, you need to update ..\Program Files\SolarWinds\Storage Manager Server\conf\server.xml. Stop the web service and change the port number to a new port which you can telnet. i have highlighted those in the below image. you need to update the new port in all 3 places in the server.xml. let me know how it goes

Https.JPG