This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to get a proxy device's proxy address by querying the Orion.Nodes table?

FormerMember
FormerMember

As far as I can tell, the answer appears to be no. I guess the real question is, which table(s) can I query to get the actual proxy address of a given proxy device?

Thanks!

• I'm not entirely sure what mean by "proxy device" and "proxy address" in this context. Does the address in question appear anywhere in the Orion UI? If so, I can help you track down where it shows up in the API.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to tdanner

Talking about a Fortinet, Inc. Proxy device/devices.

The "actual proxy IP/address" I'm talking about shows up in the "All IP Addresses on <DeviceCaption>" box on the Orion Web UI. ( Node Details / ...Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:007 screen.) It's the 2nd in a list of four (in the case of the device I'm currently looking at), but I have no idea whether or not it's ALWAYS the 2nd IP. And even if it IS always the 2nd address, as stated, I can't seem to find a column/field in the Orion.Nodes table.

• Is there anything in the Fortinet MIB that would reveal this information accurately? Seems like a UnDP might be a good option here.

• That list comes from the Orion.NodeIPAddresses entity. I wouldn't rely on the order. However that table also lists the InterfaceIndex associated with each IP address. If the Fortinet devices use a consistent interface index for the proxy address, that might be something you can rely on.