This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HELP me design a query that reports NEW VM's and deleted VMs for the current week (or day)

I'm new to the this querying business and I'm not sure how to ask for a date range or specific date.

Thanks all!!!

Greg

• Hello Greg,

regarding newly added VMs please look at this Thwack thread. Deleted VMs can be found via predefined "Stale VMs - Data Collection Behind Schedule" search. But keep in mind that such search could show not only deleted VMs but also VMs (and their Hosts) having problems with connection. So you can for example use this search query to avoid connection issues:

vm.perfDate:[* TO now-1hour] AND vm.host.perfDate:[now-1hour TO *]

And back to your question about definition of ranges. Get inspired by following steps:

- press "Advanced Search" (1) and ensure you are in "Editor Mode" (2)

- via "Add Attribute Filter" (3) choose an attribute related to date (i.e. vm.perfDate) and press Calendar icon (4). Here you can select either exact date or offset.

pastedImage_2.png

For further information see VMAN Admin manual, Search "Using date searches" section. I'd recommend that you also read a topic related to stale and decommissioned intervals (VMAN Admin manual, "Infrastructure aging" section).

I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Milan