10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 10:14 AM by chickasaw

unmanaged node - still generating alerts?

akhasheni

Seems clear from the screenshot that some alerts were triggered while the node was unmanaged.

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 1.26.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 1.26.51 AM.png

Don't remember it happening before. Is this normal?

• Re: unmanaged node - still generating alerts?
          LadaVarga

Hello,

It is normal, you will see the alert but all actions will not be executed (sending emails etc..).

Lada

akhasheni

It is normal, you will see the alert but all actions will not be executed (sending emails etc..).

I don't think this is normal Lada - no alerts of any kinds should be executed on unmanaged nodes - and I did get email alerts, too.

LadaVarga

Hello,

Please check settings -> Polling settings -> Polling settings -> Allow alert actions for unmanaged objects -> Should be unchecked.

If options is unchecked, please create support ticket.

thanks a lot

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      akhasheni

Unchecked, and always has been unchecked.

If options is unchecked, please create support ticket.

All in due time.

chickasaw

Just curious if you were able to resolve this issue?  I'm am running into the same thing.

akhasheni

Just curious if you were able to resolve this issue?  I'm am running into the same thing.

No resolution AFAIK. Quite a few other things are broken in NPM so this wasn't high on my radar - and I did not submit a support ticket yet. If you, could you please mention its number here?

prawij

Did you apply the latest available hot fixes? Your issue may be covered by item 7 below:

"(Orion Platform 2015.1 Hotfix 4)

6. Alert schedules that occur during the Daylight Saving Time change (2:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.) may no longer respect your maintenance windows.

7. You receive false alerts about node reboots when users set nodes to "Unmanaged".

8. You can only select individual recipients when sending page or SMS message with NotePager Pro.

9. The Alert Manager in the web is empty when you have more than 5,000 alerts.

10. The ampersand (&) is counted as an illegal character in email addresses in alert and report actions.

11. The trap service stops after 45 minutes.

12. VM Associations are incorrect in AppStack.

13. Volume polling fails in Orion Platform when VMan integration is enabled.

14. Database maintenance deletes alert history for all reset alerts."

chickasaw

Let me try the latest hotfix and I'll let you know if this resolved the issue.

akhasheni

Did you apply the latest available hot fixes? Your issue may be covered by item 7 below:

"(Orion Platform 2015.1 Hotfix 4)

6. Alert schedules that occur during the Daylight Saving Time change (2:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.) may no longer respect your maintenance windows.

7. You receive false alerts about node reboots when users set nodes to "Unmanaged".

8. You can only select individual recipients when sending page or SMS message with NotePager Pro.

9. The Alert Manager in the web is empty when you have more than 5,000 alerts.

10. The ampersand (&) is counted as an illegal character in email addresses in alert and report actions.

11. The trap service stops after 45 minutes.

12. VM Associations are incorrect in AppStack.

13. Volume polling fails in Orion Platform when VMan integration is enabled.

14. Database maintenance deletes alert history for all reset alerts."

I am on 2015.1.2, there's only one hotfix (Orion Platform v2015.1.2 Hot Fix 2) and none of the included fixes seem to apply to this issue.