This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Performance after upgrade on all products

Current version after Upgrade:  Orion Platform 2015.1.2, SAM 6.2.0, QoE 2.0, NCM 7.3.2, NPM 11.5.2, NTA 4.1.0, IVIM 2.1.0 Copyright 1995-2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Have 7 additional  Pollers

Upgrade steps taken:

DAY1:
-Upgrade NTA 3.9 to  3.11 Main Polling Engine

DAY2:

-Upgrade NPM 10.5 to  10.7 Main Poller
-Upgrade NPM 10.5 to 10.7 Add'l Pollers

-Upgrade SAM 5.5 to  6.1Main Poller

-Upgrade SAM 5.5 to 6.1 Add’l Pollers

- Upgrade NCM 7.1.1 to  7.2.2Main Poller - (separate server deployment )

- Upgrade NCM 7.1.1 to 7.2.2 – (NCM Server)

DAY3:

- Upgrade NPM 10.7 to 11.0.1 - Main Polling Engine

- Upgrade NPM 10.7 to 11.0.1 - Add’l Pollers

-Upgrade NCM 7.2.2 to 7.3.2 – ASHS95125 \ ASHS95436 - NPM and NCM database will be merge. NCM data will be merge into the NPM\Core Database

DAY4:

-Upgrade NTA 3.11 to NTA 4.1 0 – Main Polling Engine . Created a NEW FSDB Box

Since upgrade - Orion web page gets web site timesouts and Node displays take over 5 min to come up. Overall performance is bad (a case has been opened for over a month now).

* Solarwinds provided a defrag SQL job for Core DB

* Solarwinds cleaned up a few long running queries.

* NTA installed on additional Pollers and flow data moved off main poller

* Removed display resources on NODE DETAILS page

any tip on improving overall performance would be appreciated

• Wow, that is a lot of upgrades; in my experience we only upgrade a single product at a time, fix that product's problems, then move on.

yes, it takes me slightly longer to get through an upgrade cycle, but I only have one upgrade to back-out if it is a disaster.

when performance is a problem I always look at the database, I do into the SQL Server Management studio, look at the activity monitor, and see

a) what queries are blocked

- 'Task State' is non-blanks

- sort by Wait Time descending

- check top processes

b) what the blocking process is

- Head Blocker ='1'

That will then give you some idea what process is wedging your SQL server and provide more help to SW tech support...

You have not told us what your actual servers are comprised of, but I am going to assume that you've done the usual thing and checked they have enough RAM and CPU cycles.

• Sorry for maybe being Captain obvious - have you tried this on web servers? SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Turning Off Automatic Root Certificates Update
    It already helped in a lot of cases.

H.