3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 1:12 PM by bharris

Database Maintenance Hanging on "Beginning Maintenance for AlertHistory"

bharris

We just finished upgrading our whole environment to the latest versions last week. We are running: NPM 11.5.2, SAM 6.2.1, IPAM 4.3, NCM 7.4, WPM 2.2.0, SRM 6.1.11, NTA 3.11.  Anyway, this morning I noticed that at the top of the Web Console that Database Maintenance is overdue.

When I click more details I get this (was originally showing 902 days):

maintenance.PNG

We also dropped "Daily Details", "Wireless Detailed" and "Interface Detailed" from 1460 to 550 days.  Once I saw this was overdue, I assumed our jump was too large, So I switched it to 1250, 200 days less than the original date we had set.  I ran the maintenance and it completed.  So now I set it to 950 days and the database maintenance app seems to be hung at "Beginning Maintenance for AlertHistory".

In the swdebugmaintenance.log file I am seeing this:

2015-06-22 07:38:25,554 [5] INFO  SolarWinds.Data.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintenanceEngine - Beginning Maintenance for AlertHistory

*** Assembly SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2, Version=2015.1.1.6134, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, .NET version v4.0.30319 ***

2015-06-22 07:39:48,650 [5] WARN  SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceProxy - Support! -- LONG RUNNING QUERY: 82637.919 ms: SELECT AlertObjectID FROM Orion.AlertObjects ao LEFT JOIN Orion.Nodes no ON ao.EntityUri=no.Uri WHERE no.Uri IS NULL AND ao.EntityType = 'Orion.Nodes' RETURN XML RAW

2015-06-22 07:42:58,559 [5] WARN  SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceProxy - Support! -- LONG RUNNING QUERY: 189894.0846 ms: SELECT AlertObjectID FROM Orion.AlertObjects ao LEFT JOIN Orion.Volumes no ON ao.EntityUri=no.Uri WHERE no.Uri IS NULL AND ao.EntityType = 'Orion.Volumes' RETURN XML RAW

2015-06-22 07:45:07,127 [5] WARN  SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceProxy - Support! -- LONG RUNNING QUERY: 128587.9398 ms: SELECT AlertObjectID FROM Orion.AlertObjects ao LEFT JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode no ON ao.EntityUri=no.Uri WHERE no.Uri IS NULL AND ao.EntityType = 'Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode' RETURN XML RAW

2015-06-22 07:46:30,323 [5] WARN  SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceProxy - Support! -- LONG RUNNING QUERY: 83192.0432 ms: SELECT AlertObjectID FROM Orion.AlertObjects ao LEFT JOIN Orion.APM.Component no ON ao.EntityUri=no.Uri WHERE no.Uri IS NULL AND ao.EntityType = 'Orion.APM.Component' RETURN XML RAW

I'm assuming it will eventually time out and continue on, but it is weird that at 1050 days it completes, but at 950 days it hangs.

Any ideas?

• Re: Database Maintenance Hanging on "Beginning Maintenance for AlertHistory"
          pratikmehta003

Hi,

We used to get the notification quite often even though the maintenance was complete. Later when we approached Solarwinds Support, they informed there is bug and suggested a hotfix which resolved our issue.

But since u are already on an upgraded version, not sure what could be the problem.

• Re: Database Maintenance Hanging on "Beginning Maintenance for AlertHistory"
            ice

This is a known issue, check the this Hotfix 4

http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/HotFix/OrionPlatform-v2015.1.2-HotFix4.zip

Orion Platform 2015.1.2 Hotfix 1

* Interface alerts retrigger when a node is deleted.

* Orion thresholds are not filtered by type.

This Hotfix also updates the topology calculation behavior. When possible, MAC Address information related to a port is added to help map the connection target interface from the LLDP data when the RemotePortId uses the MAC Address Port Subtype.

Orion Platform 2015.1.2 Hotfix 2

* Allied-Telesis device shown as Allied-Telesyn.

* The Message Center does not work for non-administrator user accounts.

* Filter Nodes (SQL) fails for the Report from Orion Report Writer resource.

* The 2 MB line is duplicated on the Report Chart.

* You are notified that your database maintenance is overdue after your nightly database maintenance.

* The polling engine is slow or non-reporting.

* Network Discoveries does not complete.

Orion Platform 2015.1.2 Hotfix 3

* Limitations do not work on Custom Properties and Forecast Capacity for nodes and Forecast Capacity for volumes.

* The Machine Type is not polled for some device types.

* Improved the page load time on the Web Console.

Orion Platform 2015.1.2 Hotfix 4

* IIS is crashing and the Orion web site is unavailable.

* You cannot set topology calculation to skip repeated MAC/IP addresses.

* Alerts with the condition Node IsServer do not work.

* PowerShell script cannot be executed from the Alert Manager.

* Windows accounts cannot be added to Orion if "Force SmartCard logon" is set.