This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trying to find ESXi host installation date

Hi, everyone,

I have a task to determine when our ESXi hosts were put into service, and so far I'm coming up empty. Does anyone know if VMAN has the information about when a given host was put into service, or at least when it first appeared in VMAN?

• Hello,

you can use host.internal.dateCreated attribute. The value represents the date and time when a host was added to the SolarWinds database (for virtual machines it's vm.internal.dateCreated attribute).

FYI in VMAN there are two trends showing requested information. Go to Reporting - Business Views module and choose one of trends mentioned below:

pastedImage_2.png

Or you can run predefined "Newly Added Hosts" and "Newly Added VMs" search queries.

Did it help?

M.

• Milan,

Thanks for the suggestion--it was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it didn't actually yield the desired result; for whatever reason, all but one of the servers show up as having been added at a date which is much later than when they actually came online. We had some issues with our VMAN installation, and I think that may be why the date is off. Back to the drawing board . . .