2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 5:01 PM by tomaddox

Trying to find ESXi host installation date

tomaddox

Hi, everyone,

I have a task to determine when our ESXi hosts were put into service, and so far I'm coming up empty. Does anyone know if VMAN has the information about when a given host was put into service, or at least when it first appeared in VMAN?

• Re: Trying to find ESXi host installation date
          Milan_Volejnik

Hello,

you can use host.internal.dateCreated attribute. The value represents the date and time when a host was added to the SolarWinds database (for virtual machines it's vm.internal.dateCreated attribute).

FYI in VMAN there are two trends showing requested information. Go to Reporting - Business Views module and choose one of trends mentioned below:

Or you can run predefined "Newly Added Hosts" and "Newly Added VMs" search queries.

Did it help?

M.

• Re: Trying to find ESXi host installation date
              tomaddox

Milan,

Thanks for the suggestion--it was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it didn't actually yield the desired result; for whatever reason, all but one of the servers show up as having been added at a date which is much later than when they actually came online. We had some issues with our VMAN installation, and I think that may be why the date is off. Back to the drawing board . . .