This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Memory Leak - Version 12.1.0

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone is having Memory Leak issues with their WHD? From searching the forums it seems this was an issue in version 11 but was fixed with a version 11 incremental update, however we are running version 12.1 here and are still in constant need of rebooting to reset the JVM Memory.

Just wondering if anyone has a fix for this or if it is still a known issue and being looked into?

Thanks

• Can you please contact support right away? There is no known memory leak. We should look into your issue with engineering asap. You can create support ticket via Submit a Customer Service or Technical Support Ticket - SolarWinds. Thanks!

• Our install also exhibits the same issues. We have a scheduled nightly reboot of WHD to assist us in this. I will also get a ticket going on it as I was just living with it .

• I've logged a support call and been advised that this is a known issue with versions 12.0 and 12.1 and they have suggested upgrading the 12.3. Will be scheduling a time to do this and will post my results.

• Good luck, we are on 12.3 and its still happening to us. emoticons_happy.png

• I'm having the problem on 12.3 as well.

• This is interesting we certainly used to have this issue bit went away after upgrading to V12.0. If you have a lot of users (both techs and normal users) simultaneously hitting the system have you upped the max size of the java heap?

• Hi there, I've logged a support job, we'll see what comes out. Our JVM is 1 GB  - ample enough methinks  for 5 techs, all users only email tickets.

• I increased the JVM memory pool to 3.5GB, and it takes about 2 days before performance crawls due to a lack of available memory.

I finally configured a cron job to restart the WHD service every night, and that returned sanity to my life.

• Being a VM, we reboot the server nightly.. Never had a problem since.

<mydonate.bt.com/.../hazlewoods> <www.hazlewoods.co.uk>

Hazlewoods is a member of international. A world-wide network of independent accounting firms and business advisors.

Be accountable to the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Hazlewoods LLP and Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP are both registered in England and Wales with Nos OC311817 and OC300764 respectively, and have their registered offices at Staverton Court Staverton Cheltenham Glos GL51 0UX, where listings of Members’ names are available for inspection. Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Hazlewoods LLP is registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please advise the sender and delete all record of it from your system; please be aware that distribution, use or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for the content of this e-mail, or the actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently agreed in writing.

We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free, however, we cannot accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by us and recommend that you carry out your own virus checking procedures.

attachments.zip
  • We also restart nightly in 12.3 as a result of this issue.