This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need Info about the MIBs that can be used to integrate Solarwinds with Netcool

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi ,

Can someone help me in finding the MIBs that I can sue to integrate Solarwinds with Netcool.

I need mibs required to integrate (to forward the alerts) from solarwind version XXXXXX with any tool via SNMP traps.

Please tell me the location where I can find these MIbs on Solarwinds. I am using Orion Platform version 2014.2.1

Thanks,

Akansha

• Have you looked through the MIB database? I'm sure there a many places you can find it, but I find it most easily from my Customer Portal, under Helpful Links. That might point you in the right direction. If you don't see the MIB or MIBS that you need, you can request to have MIB's added to the database and SolarWinds will accomodate. HTH!

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 9.05.29 AM.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mrs.alterego

This gives me the .cfg files. I need the files with .mob extention

• Its pretty easy to create a custom rule for solarwinds traps.  Here's an example.  This is using the ForwardToSyslog.trap template found in c:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion.  This template can be modified to send the various tokens below. 

case ".1.3.6.1.4.1.11307":  ### Solarwinds Rules

switch($specific-trap) {

case "10": ### - Solarwinds Trap

$OID = $1

$Hostname = $2

$IPAddress = $3

$NodeID = $4

if (regmatch($5, "-\s([A-Za-z0-9\/ ]+)")) {

$InterfaceName = extract($5, "-\s([A-Za-z0-9\/ ]+)")

} else {

$InterfaceName = $5

}

#$InterfaceName = $5

$DeviceType = $6

$DeviceID = $7

$AlarmText = $8

$SummaryText = $9

$myNumberTen = $10

#if (regmatch($6, "APM") {

#       @Agent = "SOLARWINDS-APM-TRAPS-MIB"

#} else if (regmatch($6, "Node") {

#       @Agent = "SOLARWINDS-NPMNode-TRAPS-MIB"

#} else if (regmatch($6, "Interface") {

#       @Agent = "SOLARWINDS-Interface-TRAPS-MIB"

#}

@Agent = "SOLARWINDS-" + $DeviceType + "-MIB"

#@Agent = "SOLARWINDS-TRAPS-MIB"

@AlertGroup = "Solarwinds Performance Management"

• Hi,

Did you manually edit the trap file? Or used Engineer toolset

• The MIBs you are looking for can be found in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Common

• HI,

You have any clue on whether the severity can be sent as part of the trap?

• In the AlertMessage, we send Severity=CRITICAL&Type=SET for alarms and Severity=CRITICAL&Type=CLEAR for clear messages.

Then in the rules files, you do an regular expression extraction to look for Severity=(.*)&.....etc. to set severity and type.

I have used trap editor and have manually editted the trap file.  If manual, make sure to remove all CR/LF.  should just be one line.

• Hi,

Thanks for this suggestion. I dont have engineer tool set installed so cant edit the default trap template.

Also need to check if i do send in alert message then will Zenoss be able to read that and convert it to correct severity.

• You can edit the trap template, you'll just need to bring it into a text editor or vi, put the CR/LFs in so it is more readable, make your changes, remove the CR/LF and save.

Use the custom alert tool in settings to get the variables that you will need.

I'm not familiar with Zenoss, (the original question was regarding netcool) but basically you are defining a trap and all the varbinds so you should be able to come up with a mib for that.