This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Anyone have experience installing Cisco Jabber with Patch Manager?

I've created a package to install Cisco Jabber 10.x and whenever I try to install it to a machine via Patch Manager it tells me "Install Failed. Invalid command line argument."  The package is an MSI and I have left the command line field blank like I have seen in other posts on thwack.  To trouble shoot I have gone to a test machine and ran from the command line as administrator this command "msiexec /i ciscojabbersetup.msi /qn and it works flawlessly.  I've also as a test installed an adobe shockwave msi to make sure my Patch Manager setup is ok and it installs fine.  I'm very new to WSUS and Patch Manager and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Well I knew if I posted this I would figure it out but now I have no idea why it works this way...

So I set the package to get it's content from a local store like this and published it and it gives the command line error I mentioned above when pushed to a test machine.

wsus1.PNG

I changed the Download URL to this, published it without re-downloading anything and it works now...Is there an explanation for this, why wouldn't it work with the first configuration?

wsus2.PNg