This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IVIM 2.0.0 with NPM 11.5 and SAM 6.1.1, misleading license information

Hi all,

As per http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/6204/Misleading+license+information+notification+in+the+Orion+web+console.

I presume this is incorrect....

Solarwinds license.png

And my IVIM 2.0.0 should definitely not be in evaluation mode ?

• Michael

This situation occurs when integration is initially enabled when SAM or NPM are in evaluation mode. The SAM or NPM license counts as the IVIM license but the notification persists (incorrectly) even after the full license is applied license accounts.Do you currently have Virtualization Manager integrated with Orion?

Beginning with Virtualization Manager 6.2 licensing was modified to consist of two licenses, a Primary license which gets installed on the appliance and a secondary license that is applied to Orion for customers who do not have SAM or NPM installed.  In your case the secondary license would not be (normally) necessary since you have SAM and NPM installed.  In order to remove the eval notification go to your customer portal and to get the secondary license and apply it to your Orion license manager.  This will make the eval notification to be removed.

CP2.jpg

• Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

But... I don't own or am licensed for Virtualisation Manager :/

So, as per your screenshot you provided I don't have primary or secondary activation keys showing in my customer portal.

The KB I supplied precluded to the fact (with the mention of 'contacting support') that this was a known issue, and one can do something under the covers of the software to quiesce this evaluation alert.

• Chris,

Can you get someone that spear heads IVIM to comment please ?

• Michael

Since this case is a little different than what was expected we will need open a ticket with support. I touched base with the engineers and they want to view the logs to see how this happened.  When you open the support case, send me the case number and I will follow up with engineering so they can track it and get what they need to figure this out.

• Hi Michael,

I am seeing the same issue on one of our platforms.

Did you get a meaningful response from Support / a quick fix?

Thanks,

Michael (ditto)

• Michael

Is the situation the same as the previous issue where the eval alert was displaying even though VMAN had never been integrated?

• Yes, that is correct.

I have a case open with SW Support at the moment. (Case #844410 )

Advice has been to reset all licenses and relicense all modules with new licenses (currently being provisioned).

• I missed this Michael.

Thanks for your correlation.

No, haven't raised with support yet.

Did their advice to you work ?
    Did resetting everything work ?

• Hi Michael,

I have sent you an email with full instructions / links, but the steps that I took to successfully resolve the issue were as follows:

1. Use the latest version of SolarWinds License Manager, deactivate all Orion licenses.

2. Delete the Virtualization.Eval.lic (and Virtualization.Eval.inactive – if it exists) file from the c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\VIM\ folder.

3. Use the license reset utility to clear the licenses.  If you do not have a copy of this utility then SolarWinds Technical support will be able to provide a download link for this.

4. Stop all Orion services in the Orion Service Manager.

5. Activate all licenses again.

6. Start all Orion services in the Orion Service Manager.

Best wishes,

Michael

• No problem - its a pleasure. If these steps work for you then could you mark this article as answered? Thanks!