This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

iSeries & Lem/ Lem and Hardware requirements

I have barely over the minimum on our server to run LEM; just got it running in our environment for about about a month.
We currently have an iSeries agent sending logs and about to add a second iSeries.

I get around 4 gigs of logs a day at the moment but after everything is setup right there is a good change I'll get about double that.
Any suggestions on what kind of hardware I should be running?
Processor speed, # of processors, # of cores, amount of ram~
(using Hyper-V in case that makes a difference on what I need)
Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you are logging an iSeries and are willing to give advice, even better.

Thank you!!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

There's a LEM Deployment Guide up on the docs site (direct link) that might provide some insight - you might have to estimate # of events that's in that 4GB to get some idea of how it translates to requirements. If we do some quick math of say 2kB per message, 4GB is about 24 events/sec which should fit in our default instance.