This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM not playing transactions

I'm evaluating SAM and WPM and I haven't been able to get WPM to work. I'm using the default transaction for google.com and also setup one for a local Intranet site. Neither of them have successfully generated any data/results. When I set them up in the Player and hit play to test them they worked just fine. If I check in the web console I see the following:

WPMErrors.PNG

If I drill down into the Google Transaction I see the following:

WPMnotplayed.PNG

Running this on Windows Server 2012 R2, evaluation versions of SAM and WPM using the all-in-one install (SQL Express):

Web Performance Monitor 2.2.0 Build #2.2.0.297

SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor v6.2 Build #6.2.0.1080

The SolarWinds Job Engine and Data Processor eat up a lot of CPU and make everything noticeably slower in the web console after installing WPM.

In the AgentService.log file I see the following:

2015-05-29 08:38:32,468 [PlaybackDispatcher] ERROR SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessManager - Unable to create worker process. Trying again.

SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Exceptions.AgentException: Unable to launch worker process

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy.Connect(Boolean launchProcess)

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy..ctor(String userName, String domain, String password, Int32 sessionId)

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessFactory.CreateWorkerProcess(String username, String domainOrMachine, String password, Int32 sessionId)

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessManager.AddWorkerProcess(String username, String domainOrMachine, String password, Boolean runInInteractiveSession)

2015-05-29 08:38:32,468 [PlaybackDispatcher] ERROR SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessLauncher - Error launching worker process.

System.Exception: Error launching worker process. Error: logon error. System error: 0x569

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessLauncher.LaunchWorkerProcessInCurrentSession()

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessLauncher.LaunchWorkerProcessInternal()

Not sure why it's throwing a logon error. Any suggestions on what I can do to get this working? I already tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling WPM and that didn't make any difference. If there's another log that would be helpful, please let me know, I really don't know much about SolarWinds products. Thanks.

• The WPM installation creates several service accounts named SEUM-User-* and all of them should be members of 'SolarWinds-SEUM-Users' group. Try adjusting your Local Security Policy to give 'SolarWinds-SEUM-Users' permission to 'Allow log on locally'.

If that fails, you may want to add all of the SEUM-User-* accounts to the Administrator group to see if it's a rights issues.

• Thanks Joe, I'll give those a try and report back. Sounds like that will likely solve the problem.

Is there a way to configure WPM to use domain accounts instead of these local accounts? We currently have group policy setup so that you can't modify the local administrators group and the Allow log on locally policy is also group policy managed and I can't currently add the group to it. It would be much easier to manage this if these users and the group were in our domain. Trying to see what can be done, but since this would be more of a one-off config it might be a bit of a pain.

• Joe, that was the issue. Once I configured the "Allow log on locally" policy to include the "SolarWinds-SEUM-Users" group it all started working. Thanks!

It would still be nice to know if there's a way to use AD Domain groups/users for this.

• Hello,

you can configure WPM to use domain accounts. Run "c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player\SolarWinds.SEUM.AgentDomainConfigurationTool.exe" and it allows you to define domain accounts for player. You will need 2 (on main server) or 7 (on separate player) unique accounts. You can use same accounts on multiple players but single player allows to use each account just once.

• This is also my error. However, I can't find this SolarWinds-SEUM-Users from the local account of my workstations.

• Hello Manilyn,

these accounts are always created by player and they should be members of local SEUM-Users user group. Only reason why they would not be created is that Player does not have privileges to do so. Can you paste here the error that you see in "c:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\SEUM\AgentService.log"?

• 2015-06-05 05:07:44,001 [PlaybackDispatcher] ERROR SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessLauncher - Error launching worker process.

System.Exception: Error launching worker process. Error: logon error. System error: 0x569

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessLauncher.LaunchWorkerProcessInCurrentSession()

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessLauncher.LaunchWorkerProcessInternal()

2015-06-05 05:07:44,063 [PlaybackDispatcher] ERROR SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessManager - Unable to create worker process. Trying again.

SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Exceptions.AgentException: Unable to launch worker process 8eb6aa41-c9a2-4a76-b267-09ad2749c77e

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy.Connect(Boolean launchProcess)

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy..ctor(String userName, String domain, String password, Int32 sessionId)

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessFactory.CreateWorkerProcess(String username, String domainOrMachine, String password, Int32 sessionId)

at SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessManager.AddWorkerProcess(String username, String domainOrMachine, String password, Boolean runInInteractiveSession)

• Are you using local or domain account? Try to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player\SolarWinds.SEUM.AgentDomainConfigurationTool.exe" and see if you have some domain account filled in. If you do then those accounts don't have permission to logon locally to the machine. If you don't then you has to have local SEUM-User-# accounts on the machine and you should give them permission to logon locally.

• Im using domain account. I already tried the domain config tool but I only know one domain account so I got an error.

• You need as many domain accounts as the tool requires. Player uses multiple parallel workers and each needs own account.