This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Supermicro HHM via WMI?

Has anyone been successful in getting Solarwinds to do hardware health monitoring of SuperMicro servers or server boards via WMI? If so, I'd very grateful for tips.

(Supposedly SuperDoctor 3 does health reporting via WMI - but I found no instructions on how to set it up.)

• Hello my friend. OK, I just gave it a search on Thwack and found not much on it. I need to figure out solution for the same thing myself. I will be digging further and will let you know how it goes.

• Hello my friend. OK, I just gave it a search on Thwack and found not much on it. I need to figure out solution for the same thing myself. I will be digging further and will let you know how it goes.

Appreciate that. So far I installed SD3 (SuperDoctor 3) on one of the nodes - that started a monitoring service that can do email notifications - but I don't see anything about HHM via WMI in the docs or configuration files. Havent' tried SD5 yet.

• Ye, no problem

I have managed to setup traps which go through IPMI, which is a Supermicro's version of BMC (open source software). Ideally I would want to poll stats, rather than waiting for traps. So... keep digging...

• Try to install the IBM Director Platform Agent. I have seen that this has worked on some Supermicro servers to get hardware health.. (It might be a violation of IBM License terms... So might not be the recommended solution)