10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 9:25 PM by bambarit

Orion server - Communicating error - SOAP 17777

vostro1744

Hi,

I have the Orion Network Monitor, but when I'm trying to log in I'm getting below message:

There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://xxxxxxxxx:17777/orion/core/businesslayer that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

I did the procedure explained in the screen, but it not solve too:

Help me fix this

1. Confirm that the SolarWinds Information Service is running.
        • On your local SolarWinds server, click Start > Administrative Tools > Services.
        • Right-click SolarWinds Information Service V3, and then click Start.
      2. Confirm that the SolarWinds Orion Module Engine service is running.
        • On your local SolarWinds server, click Start > Administrative Tools > Services.
        • Right-click SolarWinds Orion Module Engine, and then click Start.
      3. Examine the specific details of the error for environmental hints to help resolve your issue.
      4. Refresh the web console browser.
      5. If still unresolved, click the troubleshooting help links below.
      6. After completing any changes, repeat the same task that generated this error.

I already added the entry in the Hosts file, but it also not solve the problem. I saw in some threads that can be a problem in the log files, that take the disk full, but it is not my case, the server has 185Gb free.

So, I would like to know what I need to know for solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Re: Orion server - Communicating error - SOAP 17777
          silverbacksays

First things to check:

1. You have a valid license, you can check this by running the license manager (it'll be in the SolarWinds start menu folder).
          2. Confirm that all your SolarWinds services are running, you can check this by running the Orion Service Manager (again it'll be in the SolarWinds start menu folder)
          3. IF both options above have been checked and are ok, run the configuration manager and repair the Orion website (bet you can't guess where the shortcut to this is...)

If you follow the above, it should sort your problem out.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              vostro1744

Hello,

Thanks for you help.

My license is okay, just the support time expired.

I checked in the Orion Service Manager, all services are running except the Solarwinds Syslog Service, I tryed to start it, but the service stay up for some seconds and then stop again.

After did that I tried run the Configuration Wizard and when I was running it, it gave a message error that my DB is full. I find out that SQL Server 2005 Express has a DB limitation (4GB), so I looked at some threads that the best choice is upgrade it to SQL Server 2008 (that has a limitation in 10Gb). I did it and then restart the server, but unfortunatelly the services not start to work.

Do you know what else I need to do for recover the service ?

silverbacksays

Now that you've installed SQL 2008 and moved the database, you'll need to run the configuration wizard and select the database option, then point the wizard to the new database server. Hopefully that will resolve the problem, since you've sorted out the database size limit.

Note that you may need to check that the database itself isn't set to a maximum size of 4GB, and that it's seeing the new size limit provided by SQL 2008.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      vostro1744

After read your message I ran the Configuration Wizard again with the Default setttings (selected all services, Website, Database and Services),  but I got below message error:

erro_db_size_orion.png

So, it shows a problem in the DB side still....

If I do the procedure that you talked (about the Configuration Manager) and point the the Database for a new server, I will not lost my currnet data ?

About the SQL limitation, how I can check the DB limitation now? There are a specif query to run ?

Thanks

silverbacksays

At this point I think you'd be better off speaking with support... but you may find that difficult if the maintenance on your license has expired! (always the way, you pay for maintenance and you never need it, but when you do.....)

For the SQL migration, the procedure would be:

1. Open the Orion Service Manager and click 'Stop Everything'.
                          2. Make a full backup of your Orion database - in your case, 'SolarWindsOrion' on your SQL Express 2005 server.
                          3. In SQL Server 2008 (the DB engine you advised you had deployed earlier), import then backup of your database.
                          4. Load up SQL Server Management Studio, and connect to your SQL Server 2008 instance using the Database Engine.
                          5. Expand databases, right-click on your SolarWindsOrion database (which was imported in step 3 above) and select 'properties'
                          6. Under files, check the autogrowth/maxsize detals for the various file groups. They should have an unlimited max size.
                          7. On your primary SolarWInds poller, run the Configuration Wizard, select database and connect to the new SQL 2008 server and database.
                          8. Run through the wizard and finish.
                          9. Finally, open the Orion Service Manager and start click 'Start Everything'.

This should resolve the problem. If it doesn't, you may have to bit the bullet and renew your support and log a ticket. There may be an option to have one off paid for support, but I'm not aware of this option.

bambarit

I have same problem,

and this page doesnt give a solution

Orion Web Console error: no endpoint listening at net.tcp - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

anyone know how to fix this?

thank you

David Smith

Wow bambarit this thread is pretty old as it's from 2015 and a lot has changed in NPM since then. I would suggest you should have started a new thread, but none the less it would be best to see the exact error message you are getting in your environment along with some additional information such as what NPM version your running along with the windows environments.

There are a few variations of this error message, but some general rules of thumb are:

Check the hosts file

Check the firewall connectivity to the DB

Check the SQL Credentials to ensure they are correct

Check the SWIS Service is running and doesn't need repairing

Check the Job Engine is running and doesn't need repairing.

Some of these common issues can be repaired using the Configuration Wizard, so that would be the first step, but yeah let's see a screenshot.