This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Dashboards - Solarwinds navigation

Good afternoon,

Now that we have a fully functional monitoring and alerting solution in place with solarwinds, i have been tasked with making a load of new views / dashboards for people ranging from IT bods to management. I've used Solarwinds a lot of the last 3 years, but one of the areas that i find hard to grasp is making the information it gathers available 'at a glance' and being able to combine information from interfaces, nodes and applications onto 1 page.

So my question i suppose is, how do you do it? do you use all of the standard views, or have you built up custom views and linked them all together?

I plan to base my views on the services we provide, so one view would need (for example)

- Exchange server CPU / Memory

- Interface traffic / traffic drops etc

- Some App insight data

on another view, i would need to have aggregate data for multiple interfaces on one chart - what is the current best way of doing this? 

Any other hints and tips would be useful, i will also be pulling in data from other areas (splunk, custom sites etc) so any tips that you have would be great!

Thanks

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

In our environment, I have created custom views and menu bars for different groups that are locked to their particular AD group.  For instance, we have a department who wants to closely monitor storage on certain servers. I created a view for them and locked it to where those particular servers are the only thing they can see using a view limitation.