This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Server Warranty Summary Resource - SWQL Filter

Is it possible to filter this resource using variables?

I find it confusing to have a list of dozens of servers inside the inventory of one server, it could be more useful to limit it (for instance) to the servers on the same location of the server I am watching.

I've tried a bunch of filtering options based on custom properties, all of them work only if I put a fixed value in the filter, but I'm unable to use variables to bind the filter to the current element.

As an example:

NodeLocation = 'US-Claremont'  works correctly, but of course this will limit the view in the same way for all the servers, so not what I want.

NodeLocation = '${NodeLocation} does not work, I've tried also ${Node.NodeLocation} but it doesn't appear to resolve the variable as I expected it to do.

Any way to do it?

Thanks.

• Could you clarify if you've added that resource to the default asset inventory view (or one of the sub-views attached to the Node Details). Looking at my system, I don't see that resource, and it's also not present on the Orion demo Node Details view.

By default you will see the warranty status of each server node under the 'Hardware' section of the 'System Information' resource.

I think the problem you're having here is that the 'Warranty Summary' resource  is meant to be used on a summary view, it's not designed to be used on individual node details views. As you've seen, you can filter it by parsing static values, but getting it to dynamically show all warranty status for servers which are in the same location to that which the node you're viewing is located isn't something which can be done, at lest not to my knowledge.

• Hi, I've found it automatically included in the new tab (inventory) after the upgrade which enabled the asset inventory.

I thought that too, but just wanted to know if it could be filtered with variables, probably not at this point.

• Just for clarity, this is what I was referring to above:

Warranty.png

If you go to http://oriondemo.solarwinds.com and find a windows server under Manage Nodes, check the 'Asset Inventory' tab. This should give you the same information you see on your system.