This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

few nodes not displaying in web based report

Hi, I am new into Solarwinds and I'm trying to make report for utilization from last month using custom chart & dynamic query builder with IP address (I'm using polling IP address, am I right?) as the parameter (basic parameter)

the problem is there are few nodes that did not show up in the report (3 out of 13 nodes), is there any idea why this happening?

is it because there are no history on the node(s) (as in node(s) newly added) or any ?

and is there any way to see when the node is added into solarwinds? because I don't find how to see it, yet.

I'm planning to make few report with this formula (chart/tables with IP Address as selector), so I need more knowledge on it

Thank you,

Khairul

• It sounds like the chart is only displaying the top 10 devices.

Go to Settings > Web Console Settings and increase the # for the following field:

2015-05-21_12-32-19.jpg

Please note that this is a universal setting that can negatively affect your website load times. I generally try to keep this number to < 20, but every environment will be a little bit different in that respect.

-ZackM

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• I'm afraid it's not data display limitation because if I add few other nodes (so the previous DQB add up to 15-16 nodes in total) it will display the newly added node into the chart along with all nodes that displayed earlier.

and I looked into availability statistic (Detail -> Availability Statistic) those nodes that do not displayed in chart had history of availability from last year, and this eliminates possibility that those nodes are newly added nodes.

and I still have no clue why this is happening.

Thank you,

Khairul

• Interesting. Can you post either the SQL query or a screenshot of your report criteria?

• I'm using Dynamic Query Builder provided from web based report with basic selector and IP Address as a kind of pointer (equal to)

for example

10.100.1.20 (device "A" polling IP)

10.100.23.5 (device "B" polling IP)

10.100.55.18 (device "C" polling IP)

10.100.68.3 (device "D" polling IP)

it's not the actual IP but this is what I used for average cpu load, and not all nodes displayed (for example device C is not displayed).

and if I add few other nodes with their polling IP address (I tried up to 6 nodes from my previous report (13 items), so it goes up to 19 nodes), it shows 15 nodes only so there is another node statistic is missing (previously it's 10 out of 13).

while for availability statistic I'm using node(s) name (which have the exact IP polling address) and all of those nodes have output of their availability statistic up to current year availability (I also want to make a correction for statement earlier that the nodes displaying statistic from last year instead, my mistake)

any way to track this issue? am I doing wrong with DQB and its selector?

I can't provide any screenshot until Monday since the server isn't accessible from the outside (engineers don't have VPN access emoticons_sad.png), I'll provide what version that our server running if it's necessary.

anyway, thank you for responding zackm.

• a screenshot would be best for sure. without seeing all the details, it's hard to answer why the report is acting that way.

have you tried to create a table using the same selection criteria to see if the missing nodes are just hidden from the chart?

• sorry for late reply, I waited til I get my hands on solarwinds.

DQB.PNG

this is the example of what I used to make report with, and if I use AND there's no chart displayed (because of that problematic node(s), I'll call it X node(s)), so I must use OR.

and for other report I used to choose each node (Detail tab then Availability Statistic, need to choose node one by one, can't make a list on it), and the X node(s) shown up on the report.

I triple check the IP polling address just to make sure if I put the wrong IP but unfortunately it's not.

and the properties on the X node(s) is exactly the same to the other nodes when I compared few of them that works (just in case the other engineer made mistake while adding nodes).

I tried to create table with same database as per your suggestion, and still the X node(s) didn't show up.

what should I do?