This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Announcing General Availability of Web Help Desk 12.3

It’s exciting to share with you, that we reached GA milestone for Web Help Desk (WHD) 12.3! Focus of this release was ability to link service requests into parent/child relationship and thus address various use-cases like

• Model repetitive business processes, such as on-boarding new employees or scheduling maintenance tasks
  • Track your IT projects
  • Group service request tickets together for troubleshooting or create ad-hoc child tickets to fulfil requests

Additionally it helps to address various feature requests, namely

• ‌ - by providing ability to track tasks as separate child tickets
  • ‌ - directly linking any service requests
  • ‌ - by providing ability to have technicians assigned to individual child ticket representing tasks they are responsible for
  • ‌ - linking any service requests and passing information selectively from parent to children by inheriting value in Task element definition
  • - by providing ability to track tasks as separate child tickets
  • ‌ - by ticking the "Link to Parent" checkbox in Task element
  • ‌ - directly linking any service requests

If you want to learn more about this release check out this post: Web Help Desk 12.3 Release Candidate now available!

Now go and download web help desk from your customer portal or webhelpdesk.com.

• My version is still “12.3.0 - Build #12.3.0.462-416175” Should this have changed?

Messages still can’t be deleted.. Doesn’t seem like much has changed.

<mydonate.bt.com/.../stroudwomensrefuge> <www.hazlewoods.co.uk/.../pension-auto-enrolment-are-you-ready.aspx>

Hazlewoods is a member of international. A world-wide network of independent accounting firms and business advisors.

Be accountable to the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Hazlewoods LLP and Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP are both registered in England and Wales with Nos OC311817 and OC300764 respectively, and have their registered offices at Staverton Court Staverton Cheltenham Glos GL51 0UX, where listings of Members’ names are available for inspection. Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Hazlewoods LLP is registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please advise the sender and delete all record of it from your system; please be aware that distribution, use or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for the content of this e-mail, or the actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently agreed in writing.

We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free, however, we cannot accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by us and recommend that you carry out your own virus checking procedures.

attachments.zip
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to doughall2015

I would wait until they release the first (or second) hot fix of 12.3 before even thinking about upgrading or putting into production.

• Hello,

To wait until the new version is more mature before it is put into production makes sense - but - the additional new functionality is very tempting to shorten the waiting time considerably.

I believe a workaround would be to setup a test /demo WHD alongside the production one to test the a new version and to test changes in the configuration before they are implemented in the production setup.

Maybe it would be a good for Solarwinds to provide an easy way to get some test / demo accounts for this purposes.

Regards,

Eberhard

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to eber123

I have asked them to create a demo ADFS environment to test that workability, but so far nothing (I'm not expecting it today, but would be nice for them to better support their own product capabilities).

There's some pretty important bugs they haven't included into 12.3 that I would like to wait on before implementing or testing anyways.

• I have a question regarding using a Task to create linked tickets - shouldn't the Client also be inherited (or at least inheritable) from the parent? If I leave the client blank when creating the task, the child ticket gets created with no client. The only other option seems to be to have a default client for the task which seems a bit odd?

Thanks,