You're on to a good start, having already created the custom poller. What you need to do next is assign it to the node (if you haven't already done so). Next, you need to configure an Advanced Alert for it. The details below are for NPM prior to 11.0.1 and older:
- Log on to your primary poller
- Open the Advanced Alert Manager
- Click 'Configure Alerts' and then click
- In the 'Trigger Condition' tab, for the 'Type of Property to Monitor' drop down, select 'Custom Node Poller'.
- In the trigger conditions, add in either the poller name or OID as the first condition.
- For the second condition, select 'value' and then equal to and then "3" (without the quotes).
- Complete the configuration in the other tabs as required, but I suggest you add a trigger action to send yourself an email when the alert fires off, at least initially.
The new alert will then trigger when the unit is on battery power, and send you an email when it happens. If you like, you could add in another email to the reset actions, so you know when power is restored.
Hope that helps. If you need further guidance with the alert, let me know.
Ah. the infamous web alert manager. Sadly all the instances I support are running 11.0.1. I'm waiting on positive vibes from the community before I upgrade to SR 11.5.1, so I haven't got 11.5 in front of me to walk you through it. However, thanks to oriondemo.solarwinds.com, I can see what you see, and can help:
Next field you need is:
Custom Node Poller | CUrrent Value (Custom Poller Current Status) | is equal to | 3
This means that when OID 22.214.171.124.4.1.3126.96.36.199.4.1.1 is equal to 3 it will fire off the alert.