This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with setting up of CABs

Good morning all,

I am having a brain fart at the moment and was hoping someone could supply some information to assist me:

I have set up some Change Advisory Boards in the system and all seems to be working fine except for one small issue.... the system sends out the email to the clients that I have set up for each of the boards (this part works nicely), the client opens the email and presses the voting option (deny - hide, deny show explanation, approve - hide explanation, approve - show explanation). Email opens and the client adds in comments and submits the email

The e-mail is ingested into the WHD system and appears in the ticket that the CAB was raised under, and here is where the issue is

The approvals section does not reflect the votes from the clients

Now if the client used the web page to complete this process all works perfectly

Has anyone got suggestions on what I may be doing wrong

Appreciate all your help in advance

Dave

• Hi Dave,

While there are a lot of improvements that could be made, we have been using the WHD approval process without problems ( via web or email ).

Have you checked that the emails are arriving or have notifications set up if the approval email is not formatted correctly?  

It is somewhat hidden but you can check both of these in the E-Mail -> Incoming Mail Accounts.   Clicking on the configured E-Mail Account opens 3 new tabs.

The notification could tell you if there are problems ( i.e. Vote subject parms missing) with certain approval emails and the E-Mail history should verify that emails are being received.

I don't remember any other settings specific to approvals via email.  Hope this may help.