This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Reporting on Groups of Nodes?

I'm working for a managed services provider that wants to provide LEM reports to various clients (like logon failures, account changes, etc). Currently, what I'm doing is picking a standard report, using select expert to select the nodes that correspond to that client (using "UNIQUENODEIDENTIFIER_1.NAME" is like _______), and then exporting the report as a crystal report, and sticking it in the custom reports folder. This works fine, but it's tedious, and requires manually adding nodes to each of the reports the client wants.

Is there a way to group nodes in LEM and then just select that group for a report, or am I stuck manually adding individual nodes to a report?

• No, but that sounds like something that should be in a Feature Request!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

We have had requests to use "containers" (groups, AD groups, etc) in reports, but so far adding them manually is the best we can do.

Some customers with crystal reports have used things like text files to join as "lists" directly, but using Crystal might be more of a pain than maintaining a manual list emoticons_wink.png

Multi-tenancy isn't really something built into LEM right now, I didn't see a feature request on that either but we are tracking it internally. Lots of customers are deploying an appliance per-customer/site where they need that level of reporting and alerting autonomy.

• Looks good! But why TOP 10 column shows only 4 articles?