We are about 3 weeks out from starting our upgrades. We were planning on 11.5.1, but we may hold off if UDP alerts aren't migrating over.
Is this still an issue?
Sorry. I contacted support and they assisted. I forgot to update this. Here is their response...
Reference to your concern, setting up alert for custom poller is still available on the alert (web base). You may see the instruction below to get you started and see if this will help you set-up that custom poller:
- Go to Orion web console >> Home >> Alert Sub Tab >> Click Manage Alert (Green button – upper right hand).
- Click on “Add New Alert” (plus sign)
- Properties Tab – put the name of the alert and description >> Click NEXT
- On the first drop down – “I want to alert on” – put it on Custom Node Poller
- Then on the “The Actual Trigger Condition” – first line “SELECT Field” >> search box >> Unique Name (will be the for the Custom Poller) >> is equal to >> then enter the name of the exact Custom Poller Name.
- Click the green plus sign to create another line >> Add Single Value Comparison >> Select Field – search for “Current Numeric Value” – (this will depend on what value is your custom poller) >> is equal to (or put it on greater than or equal – depending what logic you want to be alerted >> then put the value of the threshold >> NEXT
- Reset Condition >> just put it on Reset this alert when trigger condition is no longer true
- Time of day – leave default
- Trigger Action – Add Action >> select your action and it will be the same logic as the old one.
- In selecting variables, just do a search as it will be different query now from the old one
- Reset Action – same as the Trigger Action
- Summary – will show you the summary of the alert