This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UDT Port details?

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a way that I can export port details of a switch into excel? There's isnt on UI so wondering if anyone know a way trough SQL or database manager?

PS: I have already raised it with Support and they will request it to their developers to add an export button on the switch port deatils.

Thanks in advance!

• Can you be more specific as to what details?   Odds are you can easily get it through an SQL or SWQL query.

• You can use Report Writer (Windows application in the SolarWinds Orion start menu) to create a new Advanced SQL Report. To see the database structure, use Database Manager tool (available via start menu) and look for tables starting with "UDT_". UDT_Port is the one you should look at first. Database Manager also provides export of SQL query results to CSV.

• Thanks for your reply Craig,

Specifically, I am looking for hostname , MAC , IP and Vendor. same as what we see on UDT switch. See attahced screenshot.

I can get details from SQL query (UDT_Port) and (UDT_DNSNameCurrent) but I cannot match both the table since there's no common table. There might be a way to do it, I am not an SQL guru emoticons_happy.png

Port Details.PNG

• Thanks for your reply MichalB,

I tried UDT_Port but doesn't give me all the info I need. I did use Report Write when we first installed Solawinds, I will try again to see if it is of any help.

• I have constructed this SQL query:

SELECT Nodes.Caption, UDT_Port.Name, UDT_Endpoint.MACAddress,UDT_EndpointIP.IPAddress,UDT_DNSNameCurrent.DNSName, UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.VLANID,UDT_Vrf.VrfName, UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.ConnectionType FROM UDT_Port

join UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent on UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.PortID=UDT_Port.PortID

join Nodes on Nodes.NodeID=UDT_Port.NodeID

join UDT_Endpoint on UDT_Endpoint.EndpointID=UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.EndpointID

left join UDT_IPAddressCurrent on UDT_IPAddressCurrent.EndpointID=UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.EndpointID

left join UDT_EndpointIP on UDT_EndpointIP.IPAddressID=UDT_IPAddressCurrent.IPAddressID

left join UDT_DNSNameCurrent on UDT_DNSNameCurrent.IPAddressID=UDT_IPAddressCurrent.IPAddressID

left join UDT_Vrf on UDT_Vrf.VrfId = UDT_IPAddressCurrent.VrfID

where Nodes.NodeID=288 and UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.ConnectionType<>2

In my limited environment, it shows the same information as the resource on the website.

• Ok, not seeing the total correlation between what you're saying and what you did a screenshot of.   Your asking for hostname, MAC, IP and Vendor.   But the screenshot shows Port #, Hostname, IP, MAC, VLAN and VRF.   Not many common fields there.

But, I'll give you a couple examples in SWQL, which you can find in the OrionSDK, that might make you a bit more dangerous yourself.    This query is to show how SWQL can JOIN some tables together for you using what I believe they call their "Navigation Properties".

SELECT TOP 100 NodeID, Name, MACAddress, UP.IPAddresses.IPAddress, UP.Node.Caption

FROM Orion.UDT.Port UP

WHERE NOT (UP.IPAddresses.IPAddress = '')

This is a little closer to what your asking for, leveraging both the Navigation Properties and a couple actual JOINS.

SELECT TOP 100 UP.NodeID, UP.Name, UP.MACAddress, UP.IPAddresses.IPAddress,  DNC.DNSName, MCI.MACVendor

FROM Orion.UDT.Port UP JOIN Orion.UDT.DNSNameCurrent DNC ON (UP.IPAddresses.IPAddress = DNC.IPAddress) JOIN Orion.UDT.MACCurrentInformation MCI ON (UP.NodeID = MCI.NodeID)

WHERE NOT (UP.IPAddresses.IPAddress = '')

However, sometimes its easier to start somewhere else, this shows how I eliminated using the UDT.Port altogether by starting with the UDT.MACCurrentInformation table instead, eliminating one JOIN and still having the same info as the query above

SELECT TOP 100 MCI.NodeID, MCI.PortName, MCI.MACAddress, MCI.IPAddress,  DNC.DNSName, MCI.MACVendor

FROM Orion.UDT.MACCurrentInformation MCI JOIN Orion.UDT.DNSNameCurrent DNC ON (DNC.IPAddress = MCI.IPAddress)

WHERE NOT (MCI.IPAddress = '')

I know none of these are actually what you want, just hoping to get you closer.

Oh, you can drop any of these on to any page by customizing your page, adding a "Custom Query" resource and putting this SWQL in there.  Kind of neat compared to regular SQL queries..

• What is UDT_PortToEndpointCurrent.ConnectionType? Is that where trunk/access are coming from? I've been trying to create a report of port type and vlans per a set of nodes for a while. I have one that works, but not for every node.

• This indicates whether UDT considers the connection to be direct or indirect. By default, UDT does not show indirect connections at all. "1" means direct, "2" means indirect, "0" or null means unknown.

• Gotcha. A bit after I posted that, I had a feeling that is what it was, not the trunk/access.

• Another question. Have you been able to find another source for the port type other than PortType in NodePortInterfaceMap? I really need the trunk/access port data that is showing up in the port details. I can find it no problem when it shows up within the interface details like it does on some nodes. However, when it comes to the nodes that only shows the vlan and port modes in port details, I'm having trouble finding it in any table.  So right now my query shows unknown for the port mode for any node that only has the VLAN information in the port details. It's got to be stored somewhere...

Thanks!

shows port type.JPG