2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 8:37 AM by jhungerford8887

Remove Duplicate entries

jhungerford8887

I ran a report for the OS's across our network and applications with major version numbers, publishers on it and I noticed a lot of duplicates showing up in the display name list.  Is there a way to remove duplicates out of the column before running the report?  I looked and couldn't find anything related to it.

Appreciate any assistance

• Re: Remove Duplicate entries
          Steven Klassen

Which report did you run? Can you include its definition here?

• Re: Remove Duplicate entries
              jhungerford8887

It was a custom report I ran I will try to add it into this reply.

SELECT DISTINCT dbo.device.domainworkgroup AS [Domain or Workgroup], dbo.device.netbiosname AS [Computer Name], dbo.dt_wmi_Win32_InstalledProduct.DisplayName AS [Display Name] FROM dbo.dt_wmi_Win32_InstalledProduct RIGHT OUTER JOIN dbo.device ON dbo.device.deviceid = dbo.dt_wmi_Win32_InstalledProduct.pkdeviceid ORDER BY dbo.device.domainworkgroup ASC , dbo.device.netbiosname ASC and I have it set to excluding duplicate rows.  Basically I w as just trying to get inventory of all applications installed on pcs across our network and find out how many of which application we have.  It seems when I run it though, as example, it keeps coming up with duplicate things in the same column but different row.