4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 8:38 AM by jhungerford8887

Package wont run extra script before installing application

jhungerford8887

I created a bat file to do some cleaning up before running the package installer but it seems to skip over it.  I have included it in the package to and it was published to our WSUS server.  I have moved the script to after the install and even directed to it on a pc to see if that made a difference but the script wont run.  I tested it locally and it works fine.  Is there something else I need to do for extra scripts etc to work before packaging them with updates?

Thanks

• Re: Package wont run extra script before installing application
          bsod

You didn't say how you are running it.  Off hand I'd say run %windir%\system32\cmd.exe   Then for parameters use /c %MODULEPATH%\batchfile.bat

If all else fails look at one of the Solarwinds published Java upgrade packages.  In the Package Boot editor you can see how they run them.

- Joe

jhungerford8887

My apologies this is the xml code I was able to pull from it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<packageboot version="2.0.0.0" id="dd53b76e-babc-410f-8901-426d0989f5f1">

<instructions>

<preexecution>

<programs>

<program failureaction="stop" enabled="true" name="cmd.exe" type="exe" typeaction="runandwait" pathtype="simplepath" path="%WinDir%\system32\cmd.exe" successcode="0"></program>

<program failureaction="stop" enabled="true" name="unjava32.bat" type="exe" typeaction="runandwait" successcode="0">/c unjava32.bat</program>

</programs>

</preexecution>

<execution>

<programs>

<program failureaction="stop" enabled="true" name="jre-8u45-windows-i586.msi" type="msi" typeaction="install" enablemsilogging="false" successcode="0, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1633, 1634, 1641, 3010"></program>

</programs>

</execution>

</instructions>

</packageboot>

Thanks for the help

jhungerford8887

Is there any more information needed or explanation needed for what I am trying to do?  I messed with it some more this morning and didn't get it anywhere unfortunately.  The ending half of the package boot editors works with the installing of java update but the beginning part before applying package does not still.