I would call solarwinds and open a ticket. You may have to do something with the DBhelper.exe and none of it is ever documented correctly or is ever simple but Brandon Painter is the PM specialist and handles most of the cases and can help you out im sure.
Try running through these steps and see if it helps. *Note* my screenshots are a little dated but they should still give you an idea of what you're looking for.
- Delete the ME and MP keys as shown in the screenshot below
- Verify that the account you wish to use has the Log on as a service right.
- Within Patch Manager, go to Patch Manager System Configuration -> Security and User Management and select the Credentials tab.
- For each Credential listed, you’ll need to left-click on it to select it, then right-click it and choose “Change Password”, then enter the proper password. Note: this is only updating the stored password within Patch Manager, not changing the password anywhere else.
- If you’ve set up email notifications, you’ll need to change the password stored in EW for that as well under Patch Manger System Configuation -> Patch Manager Servers -> Application Servers -> Application Server Settings tab, as shown below
- If you’ve set a password for Proxy settings in the Software Publishing -> Synchronization Settings, you’ll need to reset that.
- If you’ve set a password for Proxy settings under Patch Manager System Configuration -> Patch Manager Servers -> Application Servers -> [ServerName] -> Application Server Settings tab, you’ll need to reset that as well.