7 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 7:17 PM by David Di Blasio

Licensed Computers not Managed

jhungerford8887

I only have 100 licenses for the patch manager but it is saying I exceeded the limit at 109 licenses.  Under managed computers it says I only have 91 computers.  How can I determine where the extra licenses went to?

• Re: Licensed Computers not Managed
          frgpugs

I cant remember off the top of my head here but there is licenses for 100 Nodes.  The Nodes is the key word there because there are three things that can be counted as nodes and managed computers is one of them.  You can have 100 managed computers, 100 other thing, and 100 other thing and still be at that same 100 node limit.  If nobody else answers by tomorrow ill look up what the other two items are that are nodes for you.

jhungerford8887

I submitted a support ticket but they told me what I did already which was to check managed computers.  Under managed computers it says Computers (91) Computers shown (91).  I also removed old pcs that no longer were on the network and  servers that didn't need them and left only the WSUS server and Patch Manager server.  Also when I went into AD and searched the domain for computers etc it said only 98 objects are in AD (for workstations or servers that is).  I must be missing something or something has them as nodes that I don't know about and cant find.  I do appreciate the assistance.

David Di Blasio

Hi. If I remember correctly the license count is based on 2 things:

• The number of computers contained in the Enterprise > Managed Computers node
              • The computers contained in your task history

Viewing the number of computers contained in task history is difficult without some sort of report, and this is usually where nodes usually get consumed. You might try deleting your task history, and then restart Patch Manager to see if the count matches your managed computer count. More info can be found in the following article:

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: The Patch Manager console says I'm over the allowed license count