3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 11:42 AM by josh.d

FTP Voyager scheduler download problem

gorgias

Hello,

I hope to get some help with this problem. I try to use FTP Voyager on a Windows server, to automate some crucial tasks.

The schedule is entered, looks fine. It should synchronize a FTP-folder to a local folder, and it downloads all files (.txt files) correctly, except the ones that are really important, the Excel-files. That is, they are downloaded, but remain empty (0 Kb). When I try to do the same thin within FTP Voyager, i.e. Not with the Scheduler, everything runs fine. What could be the problem? It drives me mad.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: FTP Voyager scheduler download problem
          josh.d

Are you using the same login creds for both?

What if you take one of these xls files, rename it to foo.txt, and try the scheduled download.  Did it make it across?

Are the txt files and the xls files in the same directory?

gorgias

Hi Josh,

Yes, I have only one account. It has read-ony access to the FTP-directory, can't modify filenames. I just want to auto-download the files from that directory. Txt and xls are in the same directory.

I tend to believe that FTP Voyager is just buggy.

josh.d

It is possible that it is a bug.  However, it may also be a server-side limitation- like size, file content/extension, bandwidth, quota, or any number of things.

Are these xls files significantly bigger or smaller than the txt files?  Is there a large number of them?  What if you only download xls files, and not txt- does it still fail?

Can you download a single xls file?