10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 10:53 AM by ajk

HELP CREATING CUSTOM VIEW REQUIRED PLEASE

ajk

Can someone please help me to create a Custom View that works?

I'm running NPM 11.5 on a Virtual Machine.

I've read a few threads on the forums but none work and frankly I'm Massively frustrated!!!! Whatever happened to intuitive software?

• Re: HELP CREATING CUSTOM VIEW REQUIRED PLEASE
          jm_sysadmin

What would you like on your view? I am building custom views right now for a number of things and am also on 11.5, maybe we can iron out the wrinkles together.

• Re: HELP CREATING CUSTOM VIEW REQUIRED PLEASE
              ajk

Hi jm.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

I have someone on my back to create a simple 4 interface view for a new team. Trivial but I can’t do it.

We have two Juniper SRX 5800 firewalls which are already being monitored nicely by Solar Winds. I have to create a view which only shows two interfaces from each device. The interfaces are the same on both devices, reth1.4005 and reth1.4006 which are already being monitored nicely.

I need to show Interface Min/Max/Average for each interface, 4 in all.

I’ve created a new View called “GTP Monitoring”.

I’ve tried adding “Custom HTML” as a Resource and then the URL of the 4 interfaces, as suggested by one thread on this website. But then the thread suggested that would only work up to NPM 10.4, and maybe not on a VM. The result was it only showed 4 of the “URL image fail” icons in the view.

I’ve tried adding “Min/Max/Average bits per second” and then “View Limiting” and selecting the 4 interfaces but it only showed the first two interfaces???

I felt like I was close but no amount of “tinkering” has gotten me anywhere. I expect you’ll tell me I’m going about it completely the wrong way.

Any pointers appreciated.

Best regards,

Andy.