This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Which table contains 'Licensed by NCM' status?

FormerMember
FormerMember

In the Manage Nodes view there is a Grouping named 'NCM - Licensed' .  What table is this stored in or is this calculated?  I'm interested in developing a report using this status.

We are running v7.3.2.

• rgward

I am far from the powers of SQL, and there may quite possibly be a better way to get there, but this should get you started...

Orion Platform 2015.1.0, SAM 6.2.0, QoE 2.0, NCM 7.3.2, NPM 11.5, IVIM 2.0.0

SELECT TOP 1500 nd.[NodeID]

,[IP_Address]

,[Caption]

FROM [SWNPMDB].[dbo].[NodesData] nd JOIN

[SWNPMDB].[dbo].[NCM_NodeProperties] np ON nd.[NodeID] = np.[CoreNodeID]

I hope this helps.

-Will

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to wluther

Great!  Thanks for the query wluther.   Are you running 11.5?  I don't see the NodesData table in 11.0.1.  Is this the Nodes table in 11.0.1?  If I interpret your query properly, all nodes in the NodeProperties table are Licensed by NCM, correct?

• rgward

We are using: NPM 11.5 / NCM 7.3.2 / SAM 6.2

In NPM 11.0.1, I think the, now [NodesData], table was just called [Nodes]

The query in my previous post pulls all of the devices/nodes from NPM that are currently licensed in NCM, and does not show the others.

• FormerMember

Thanks again for your help!  On a side note, did you have to change all your Advanced SQL reports to use the NodesData table when you upgraded to 11.5?  The name change to the Nodes table to NodesData worries me that we will have to change over 100 Advanced SQL reports.

• rgward

No, I have not had to change anything... yet.

Actually, now that I think about it, I should probably go and check/test all those reports again.

For all the people that use our reports, I have not had anyone tell me they are having any issues with them.

So, hopefully, no news is good news...

Perhaps the upgrade process makes all the appropriate changes, to either the reports, or to the database so the reports can be used...

Best of luck with your report.

-Will

• FormerMember

Aloha,

Building on wluther's answer hoping you find this SQL query useful:

SELECT nd.[NodeID] ,nd.[Caption] AS Node ,nd.[IP_Address] ,nd.[MachineType] ,np.[DeviceTemplate] ,np.[ExecProtocol] ,np.[CommandProtocol] ,np.[TransferProtocol] ,np.[TelnetPort] ,np.[SSHPort] ,np.[LoginStatus] FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[NodesData] nd LEFT JOIN [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[NCM_NodeProperties] np ON nd.[NodeID] = np.[CoreNodeID] ORDER BY nd.[Caption] ASC

Cheers,

Al

• I have the same problem, I can't find the field in any tables. The queries in this thread is opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. We want a list of devices that are in NPM but not in NCM which are flagged with "NCM Licensed" = Yes/No/Never.

While this could be done by showing NodeID's not matching NodeID's from the NPM <-> NCM Nodes table - it would be much easier to pull this field into the report. It has to exist somewhere as its referenced in several areas of the GUI. (manage nodes, edit node, etc)

• this one gets you Node Id, Caption and License status but only runs in swql since it relies on Cirrus  tables which are not available in SQL mode

SELECT a.NodeID, b.caption, a.LicensedByNCM

FROM Cirrus.NCMNodeLicenseStatus a join Orion.nodes b on b.NodeID = a.NodeID