This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to get the actual count of the orion sampling into alerts while running opc_msg to alert

Hi All,

We are using the external program feature to alert the ticketing tool from Orion. We use opc_msg based on the threshold violation/severity. Now customers would like to see the actual sample while they get alerted. I know we can get this integrated by calling the respective variable to the opc_msg program. But my very question is what would be the variable we will be calling from opc_msg to achieve this.Please see the below program that we call and help, Thank you.

e.g: opcmsg msg_grp=OrionAPMService a="${APM_ApplicationAlertsData.Name}" o="${APM_ApplicationAlertsData.Name}-Down:${Date}" sev=critical msg_text="${APM_ApplicationAlertsData.Name}::${ComponentsWithStatus}-Down/Files in the folders are older than 15 mins" node="${NodeName}"

${APM_ApplicationAlertsData.Name} --> gives me Application Monitor Name

${ComponentsWithStatus} --> gives me the component name with up/down...etc...

Regards

Arnold

• Arnold Franco wrote:

Now customers would like to see the actual sample while they get alerted.

By "Sample" do you mean the statistic value returned by the component based on the last poll? If so, this isn't available when using the "Application" alert. You will need to alert on the "Component" and then use the ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.StatisticData} macro to include the last polled statistical value as part of the alert for that component.

• Yeah, I meant the same component statistical data, I will try this and thanks for your reply.