This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Location Approvers Affecting All Locations

I have a request type that I've attached to an Approval Process for one location (we'll call it Detroit). I created the Approver Role Name with that location in mind as "Access request - Detroit" so I know I'm picking the right rules. Also added that Approver Role to the Detroit locations and assigned the correct approver.

In the Approver Process I created a new process of "Filter update - Detroit". I added a step of "Initial" with the Location Approver of "Access request - Detroit". In "Request Types Support" I add the specific type needing approval.

So now when we add a ticket for any other location we're getting an error in the approver process saying that "no location approver is selected for this location".

To correct this I figured I would have to add more role names, assign them to approver roles, and create more approver processes with this same Request Type. But when I create new ones, and fill in the "Request Types Support" section, I no longer see that request type. It seems you can only use the request type one time. And that is tied down to just that location now.

Any ideas? I can elaborate more or add screen shots as needed.

Thanks for your help.

• Hopefully someone else out there is using the Approval Process and can help me out here. Is it as simple as needing a new Request Type per location? Seems like the request type should be able to be applied to as many locations as needed?

Next step is a ticket to SolarWinds.

Tim