This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Force10 FTOS version - What is the correct SNMP MIB?

Hi all,

NPM seems to be pulling the wrong information for Force10 FTOS version numbers and I'm looking for some help getting that worked out.  Below is the output from a 'show version' on a Force10 switch.

Dell Real Time Operating System Software

Dell Operating System Version: 2.0

Dell Application Software Version: 9.7(0.0)

Copyright (c) 1999-2015 by Dell Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Build Time: Fri Feb 27 06:45:43 2015

Build Path: /sites/eqx/work/swbuild01_1/build12/E9-7-0/SW/SRC

Dell Networking OS uptime is 1 week(s), 5 day(s), 11 hour(s), 18 minute(s)

Solarwinds is pulling the second line instead of the third. 

IE this:

Dell Operating System Version: 2.0

When it should be pulling this:

Dell Application Software Version: 9.7(0.0)

Anyone already worked out how to fix this?

• If we can locate the correct OS OID that returns "Dell Application Software Version: 9.7(0.0)" a custom poller can be created in NPM 11.5 to override the native polling. Look under "Settings->Manage Pollers" and create a new "Node Details" poller.

• Thanks for the assist Rob.  My coworker poked around and found this OID that reports the correct value:

We went ahead and created a custom poller as well, so this is now showing up correctly for us, however I'm wondering if there is some way to submit a feature request to fix this so that it works natively?

Force10_OID_FTOS.JPG

• Of course sir! In the interim, you could also export and share the poller on Thwack: Network Performance Monitor

Every time someone downloads, you get bonus thwack points.

• Here's a little more information for anyone who comes across this later.

The specific OID that I mentioned above (1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.10.2) apparently wasn't available in earlier versions of FTOS.   The earliest version I've now seen it in is 9.2 for MXL/S4810/S4820 and 8.3.5.5 for S55.  So if you have switches with older FTOS than 9.2 / 8.3.5.5 polling this OID won't work.