This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Config Change Template without having to select a node?

Hi

in every Config Change Template there is this:

PARAMETER_LABEL @ContextNode

NCM Node

.PARAMETER_DESCRIPTION @ContextNode

The node the template will operate on.  All templates require this by default. The target node is selected during the first part of the wizard so it will not be available for selection when defining values of variables.

Now imagine I want to create a template that will always be used on the same node and only that node. Under these circumstances it's not helpful if the user has to choose a node first. What could I do to omit this step and let the user define other variables I define?

Is this possible or not? ("All templates require this by Default")

Thanks for any help

Beat

• I also would like a similar ability; to be able to run a template on a grouping of devices with dynamic selection (defined in the Template, or possibly pointed at a Group) and no user input required to choose which systems to run it on...

i.e. Template is always run on all devices that match:  regex pattern in NodeName AND (Machine Type = 'Juniper SRX1400' OR Machine Type = 'Juniper SRX240')

Thanks!