This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM does not list network adapters

Hi there,

I have NPM 11.5 installed on a Windows 2012 R2 Server. While trying to poll the server using WMI, it does not list any network adapters. On the other hand, if I poll the server using SNMP, it lists all the network adapters.

The problem here is, I want to monitor Hyper-V virtualization as well. (This is a Hyper-V host). Is anyone else experiencing similar problem. Please let me know.

• Have you setup NPM in settings Virtualization polling settings already under node and group management?  When you added the node to be polled did you use snmp and also check poll for virtualization?  I use vmware but I think it's very similar for hyper-v.

• Since this is Hyper-V, when we poll the node via WMI, it will show Hyper-V along with it. Same like it shows App Insight. But, Hyper-V polling works only with WMI unlike App Insight which will work with SNMP as well. As I mentioned it does not show Network Adapters when using WMI