This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Monitoring access denied and unable to connect to server "IP address" as user "user-name".

Hi,

we have application monitoring problem for all servers in our environment. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Orion module details:

Orion Platform 2014.2.1, SAM 6.1.0, QoE 1.0, IPAM 4.1, NPM 11.0.1, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.10.0

Kindly see the below screen images for errors:

Application Monitoring Error .PNG

Application Monitoring 01.PNG

Applicaiton Monitoring 02.PNG

Application Monitoring 03.PNG

• My first guess, since it's all servers, would be to check the account that is being used for WMI polling. I suspect the password has changed/expired and that'd causing the problem. You'll need to change them in AD, then change them in the relevant WMI credential in SOlarWInds settings.

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will request to check the credential information for that account. Do you know where to change the WMI credential in Solarwinds.

• If the credentials are assigned to the node (WMI Managed Node) you can simply go to the Node Details for that node, click "Edit Node" and update the credential.

Edit Node.png

New Credential.png

If you're simply trying to update an existing credential assigned to a node (maybe the password has changed) you can do so under [Settings -> Manage Windows Credentials]

If you are trying to update the credential used for an application, simply go to [Settings -> SAM Settings -> Credentials Library].

• Thank you so much for your help!

solution : If you are trying to update the credential used for an application, simply go to [Settings -> SAM Settings -> Credentials Library].

Credentials was changed and not informed! -- Thanks for your great help!