3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 11:03 AM by gilberdr

Is it possible to place a company logo on a limited set of views?

gilberdr

I need t create a dashboard for each of our business partners that will be restricted to the devices that they are assigned. I would like to place their company brand on the banner of each page of their dashboard. It appears that this can only be set globally through the settings menus. Is there a way to accomplish this?

• Re: Is it possible to place a company logo on a limited set of views?
          Craig Norborg

Just thinking out of the box here a bit, there may be a different way to accomplish this, but my first thought was maybe serve up the different business partners each through an "Additional Web Server" (AWS) of their own?  That would allow you to make the graphic different on each one.  I believe the graphic is local to the server that it is on...

Second thought on how to do it, and not sure if this would work.   In IIS Manager set up multiple sites on the server based on DNS names (ie: company1.foobar.com, company2.foobar.com) to point at the Solarwinds server.   For each site, set up a virtual directory lets say called "/logo-image/" that points to a directory where you store the logo, lets say called "logo.jpg".

Then, in Orion "Web Console Settings" where you set up the logo, set the "Site Logo URL" to '/logo-image/logo.jpg'.  

I'm guessing either approach can work, just depends on how you want to do it.  The first method using AWS will cost you $495 retail through Solarwinds.  The second I think just involves setting up DNS aliases, doubt it would cost more from Microsoft, but you never know with them!!   The first method should give better performance though.

Get creative!  I'm thinking there are even more possible solutions!!

silverbacksays

What you could do, is add a 'Custom HTTP' resource to the top of their views, and link that to their corporate logo, as displayed on their website. Added bonus is that image load bandwidth will be charged to the partners

Have a look:

Hidden Gem: The Custom HTML Resource

It's the closest you're going to get without serious IIS/CSS surgery.

gilberdr

Thanks, Gentlemen! I'll let you know what I wind up with.