4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 10:51 AM by erlopez

Alert Central no longer processing e-mails

mdhtbm

My alert central installation has apparently stopped processing e-mails. I can verify that the e-mails are indeed being received in the e-mail account that AC is checking, but acknowledgements, closing alerts, verifying new users etc isn't working. Any suggestions? AC is still sending new alerts.

Matthew

• Re: Alert Central no longer processing e-mails
          jawwadhaq

I'm facing same problem for the past few 1-2 months, and the work around I have is reboot the appliance and re-configure SMTP (we are using Office365 so the settings goes back to default ports). Once this is done all pending/stuck messages starts flowing, which is a big mess coz there is no way to delete message queue from Alert Central. There is no way to find out when its stops working and we are not missing out most of the critical alerts. If you find the root cause please share.

erlopez

I ran into this after a few occasions.

1) Applying updates to Exchange 2010. I ended up changing the email config from SMTP to EWS for Exchange 2010 SP2 and then it started working.

2) The mailbox was changed to a Shared mailbox by another admin. Had to change it to Regular mailbox for it to start working again there.

mdhtbm

Thanks for the info guys. When you have had issues are the problems intermittent? In testing I had an e-mail go through at 3:40 pm, then the next escalation fail at 3:45. Another alert went through at 4:09 and then failed again at 4:14. All 4 of them were going to the same e-mail address. Also the ones that failed were the step when "If all notification steps (including optional repeats) have been exhausted" and the alert was getting assigned to someone. Not sure if that matters of it is just a coincidence.