This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 11.5 "Default Send Email Action" $DefaultEmailFrom not $DefaultEmailSenderName

When I configure the "Default Send Email Action" in NPM 11.5, alerts are being sent but are showing up in my email client as being from the "Reply Address/$DefaultEmailFrom" instead of the"Name of Sender/$DefaultEmailSenderName".  Because the canned alerts cannot be edited, the only way that I think I can remedy this is to go through "Manage Alerts" and "Duplicate & Edit" all of the canned alerts that I want to use and tweak that variable.  This seems to be a rather kludge fix for this, so my question is:  Am I missing a much simpler way to remedy this?

Thanks,

--

wdebraal

• ... to clarify!  Previous versions of NPM without any extra configuration would send email alerts that would show up in my inbox

Now they just show as

I am just looking to get the old behavior back etc.

• wdebraal,

Not sure what you mean about not being able to edit the canned alerts. You certainly can! However, I do recommend copying them and editing. You should be able to go to your alert trigger screen (and use the pencil (edit)) to see what the message is doing. If all of your alerts are going to you (or to the same group), make sure you go into settings/initial alert setup and put the individual e-mail or group e-mail account information in there. If this doesn't help, post a screenshot of your alert trigger action message here and I'll help with it.

Thanks!

Dave Burton

• Thanks Dave... when I check a "Out-of-the-box" Alert and select Edit I get:

pastedImage_0.png

So, no worries, I am not interested in editing the canned alerts anyways.  When I configure the default send email action it looks like:

pastedImage_1.png

When I receive an alert I would like it to show in my inbox like it used to, i.e. Orion Alert Notification <somebody@somewhere.foo> but it only shows up as being from the reply address and no does not include the $DefaultEmailSenderName variable etc.  If I copy and edit an alert it looks like I can tweak that so I get the results I am looking for but I would need to copy and edit all of the alerts that I am using.  I will keep looking for a better way to handle this as it is not a show stopper at this point in time.

Thank you for your reply.

---

wdebraal

• Wdebraal,

There may be a way to edit this directly in the database, but I would contact SW before doing so. It may be that you have to edit each one to get what you prefer.

thanks!

Dave

Loop1