3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 8:20 AM by jamier1030

licensing toolset

jamier1030

Hello everyone.  I purchased engineers toolset a few years back and put a service contract on it.  I have been having problems ever since about fall of last year it quit working. I contacted the people that were supposed to fix the program but some how it was never fixed before my maintenance contract expired the end of Oct.  Now I do not have access to a 1300.00 program unless I pay them another 395 for the maintenance contract so I can get my program working again. Why can't they just reset the password in licensing and let me reinstall that software as well. I do not understand why this company chooses to be so stubborn. All I want is to be able to use what I paid for without the need to pay another 395 to be able to use it.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS, PLEASE!!!!

IS THERE NOT SOME WAY THAT I CAN GET MY SOFTWARE WORKING WITHOUT THIS SPENDIG MORE MONEY.  I WAS LAID OFF FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS WITHOUT ANY WORK TO BE FOUND. NOW I JUST STARTED WORKING AGAIN SO I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE ENGINEERS TOOLSET I BOUGHT ALREADY.

I AM REALLY MAD AT THIS COMPANY AND WILL NOT EVEN THINK OF MENTIONING THEM TO THE HUGE HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION THAT I AM NOW WORKING FOR.  I ALWAYS LIKED SOLAR WINDS UP UNTIL THEY STARTED PLAYING THE "WE CAN NOT HELP YOU GET THE PROGRAM WORKING WITHOUT A MAINTENANCE CONTRACT SO DISH OUT THE MONEY AND WE WILL HELP YOU GET YOUR PROGRAM YOU BOUGHT FROM US WORKING AGAIN".  HOW OBSURD THAT SOUNDS, ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE OTHER PROGRAMS THAT I USE AS WELL THAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS LIKE A HARD DRIVE FAILURE AND THE NEED TO RELOAD SOFTWARE ON NEW HARDWARE AND GET ANOTHER SERIAL NUMBER KEY TO MAKE IT WORK AGAIN. I HAVE HAD TO DO THAT AS WELL SEVERAL TIMES WITH OTHER SOFTWARGE VENDORS.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I CAN DO TO GET THEM TO HELP ME BE ABLE TO LOAD MY ENGINEERS TOOLSET AND GET A WORKING SERIAL NUMBER AGAIN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH AND BE IN YOUR DEBT.

SINCERELY,

JAMIE RASK | NETWORK ENGINEER | MICROSOFT CERTIFIED | CISCO CERTIFIED | COMPTIA CERTIFIED| CELL 320-493-6468 | EMAIL jamierask@hotmail.com