2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 8:57 AM by HolyGuacamole

Custom SQL query for All Nodes resource

riaanmaree

Could I please get some guidance setting up a custom SQL query for a All Nodes resource to list all SNMP polled nodes from a specific UPS vendor where the AC supply/feed is off.

Display nodes in list with the following columns: Node Name, Time since/Duration of AC failure

NodeName contains: UPS

CustomPollerUniqueName = dupsAlarmPowerFail

CustomPollerCurrentStats = 1

Thanks in advance

• Re: Custom SQL query for All Nodes resource
          d09h

Is it possible you can get everything you need using the web resource Universal Device Poller Top XX (where XX is the number of devices you've assigned the poller)?

Customize page --> Add resource --> Universal Device Poller Top XX

Sometimes after I've gone the SQL route (and asked for help) I end up finding a more straightforward way (or a way I can do without assistance) using more native functionality.  (And other times I get into complex SWQL).  I've been running 10.7 for perhaps nine months and have found more and more that I can do from the web natively.  Or from SWQL via the web.  How does 'Universal Device Poller Top XX' work for you?

• Re: Custom SQL query for All Nodes resource
            HolyGuacamole

More than likely, you don't need any custom SQL here. Have you tried adding a 'Custom Table' resource to your dashboard view.